Hello, Family!!
Life is moving along as it always does.
Cody is the 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum and taking a few summer school classes. He's learning how to be a global citizen...yup.
Timothy is growing like a weed and actually has some hair!! Yay! He went swimming for the first time and absolutely loved it. We'll definitely be signing him up for swimming lessons!
I am currently the 2nd counselor in the Young Women. The schedule at work rotates so that once about every six weeks, I work 3:30 to midnight. It's so much fun having the extra time to spend with my little family! I just have to make sure I get my nap, because Timothy doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in yet.
My parents, Wyatt, and McKenzie are planning on coming to Utah the first week in July. We want to have as many Dumayne and Marge Gilson progeny in town so as to get a great family picture on the 7th or 8th. Mark your calendars!!
With the news of Grandma's health, I've been reminiscing on some of my favorite memories with her. The summer of 2009, I had to move from Oregon to Salt Lake for my senior year of college externship at the University of Utah Hospital. I was engaged to Cody but our wedding wasn't until October. So that I didn't have to pay for an apartment by myself for three months, Grandma and Grandpa were gracious enough to let me stay in their basement.
It was a really fun time during that summer. Grandma would wake up and have breakfast with me before I left in the mornings. We'd make my lunch together. She opened my eyes to putting a dollop of coffee creamer in with the milk on my cereal for a touch of sweetness.
In the evenings, after dinner, Grandma and I would do the crossword puzzles in her National Enquirer magazines. That's the only reason she had the subscription... ;) I loved doing those puzzles with Grandma. It was really a time when we became friends. She even called me in Oregon once or twice to help with a clue she couldn't figure out.
I consider myself very lucky to have been able to spend that time with my grandparents and truly get to know them.
Loves for always,
Heidi

No comments:
Post a Comment