Friday, January 6, 2012

An announcement from Wyatt



Yep! I've only been home three months and I already found my princess!
Let me give you a little bit to feed your curious minds....In 2008 my
sister, Heidi, encouraged me to ask out a girl from the YSA branch.
McKenzie was a cute little blonde who taught Gospel Doctrine and often
compared her "days of our lives" hourglass necklace to the
gospel(which made me laugh). I finally got up the nerve her out on a
date but she was to leave on her mission to London. A year later I
left on my mission. A little birdy told her I had left and a month or
two later I received a letter from her. We continued to write and
email throughout the next two years. When I came home we instantly
began texting and talking and doing things together. The first time we
finally saw each other she was speachless! (She's never speechless!)
Only 8 days after my mission at my first FHE we played miniature golf.
I told her if I won she had to take me on a date and if she won I
would take her on a date. I took her on a date the next friday! We
have basically been inseparable. We've enjoyed a trip to Seattle with
friends,spending time with our families, reading, watching movies, and
just laughing together. I love how McKenzie gets excited and acts like
a giddy girl. I love that she is so structured and has a million lists
for everything from work that needs to be done to fun that needs to be
had. I love the way her blue eyes shine when she gets really happy.
and I especially love how she is just absolutely perfect for me! When
I think about marrying McKenzie I feel like the luckiest man in the
world. That is why I asked her to allow me to treat her as a princess
for all time and eternity by marrying me. She said yes! We will be
married Friday, March 23, 2012 at noon in the Portland, Oregon temple.
A reception will be held at 7 pm in Bend Oregon. I am excited to spend
the rest of my life with my "Schnookawookums" and for her to be a part
of our family.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations Wyatt and McKenzie! Thanks for sharing your love story, and we'll look forward to meeting McKenzie soon!
    Darin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a side note: We love McKenzie already, too. It's been such fun watching the love blossom! Tom and I feel so incredibly blessed! All of our children have found the perfect Eternal Companions for themselves, and they're all delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to have another princess in the family - Wyatt, you know that you are and will always be the reigning "pretty pretty princess" in my book! Congrats cuz!!

    ReplyDelete