Nathan loves to try on other people's shoes, these are my rain boots, a little big but he can actually walk in them. Today we were outside and one of my friends took off her flip flops to sit on the ground and Nathan asked me to take his shoes off so he could try her PINK (bright pink) flip flops on (I didn't let him cuz I'm mean)
James, doing some stretching on his daddy and below, both of my boys enjoying an episode of Courious George in their jammies:
I posted a video of Nathan earlier, so I figured I'd give some air time to James. To get it out of the way right up front, I am a stay-at-home-mom and so my world pretty much revolves around my two little men, and the big one who comes around sometimes ;-P I'll try not to bore everyone to tears gushing about my babies, but hey, I don't really have anything else to talk about, so they always take center stage.
Our Ward out here is pretty funny, you have a split of professional students and locals. The students are either Dental, Medical, Legal, PA's, Optometrists, or Nurse Anaesthetists. Most of the students have young families so we have two nurseries and a very small primary. The Youth program can vary between 1 and 15 kids at any given time and depending on how serious the presidencies take the chauffeuring calling and drag the kids to activities and church. Scott is currently the Gospel Essentials Teacher (which he loves doing) and I am a Family History Consultant and have been for about a year and a half. I feel like I've magnified my calling about 8 months of that time, and am currently trying to figure out how to get back on the ball, and trying not to campaign for the Nursery calling (there is a serious need there presently, funny story there, ask me about it later ;-).
There is a difficulty finding real unity in the ward because trying to treat everyone the same where huge differences exist makes those differences more pronounced. I think that we should just acknowledge that we are different from each other, with different backgrounds, families, lifestyles and goals, but that we all share the same faith and want to learn from each other. I feel like a real grown-up trying to function in a real, out in the world, ward (new experience for me).
Jamie has been a real blessing to our family, my boys love her and she helps us out so much. When she comes to visit, if James doesn't get what he considers sufficient attention within five minutes of arrival, he lets her know of his displeasure! Nathan got to play with Aunt Jamie today while James went to the doctor for a regular check-up (and shots) and they walked to the McDonald's where he got french fries, one of his favorite treats, for filling up the required number of spots on his potty training chart. He is doing a great job, not there by any stretch of the imagination, but learning and super proud of himself.
Scott is very busy with dental school, he is out the door by 7:15 am every morning and not usually home till after 5pm, Nathan asks "where's daddy" first thing every morning and has demanded to go to school with daddy when he's awake before Scott leaves. Someday, but not yet my little man!
The weather has turned warm recently so Scott has started our garden, we already have spinach and winter peas coming up and I'm excited to supplement our dinner table with all his efforts, and Nathan too, he likes to help water the garden with daddy.
We love you all and hope that a family visit is in the near future, it looks like we might have a decent amount of time between Scott finishing school and before we report to our first Army assignment; so that might mean a big family visit! I'm so proud of all my men, Nathan is such a smart and loving little boy, James is a pure joy (even though he has recently discovered how to really open up and scream at the top of his lungs (eerrrrrgggg)), and Scott is the example I try to follow and feed well!
I love this family blog and have enjoyed everyone's posts and check every week for updates!!!
I'll try to do more posts when more super exciting stuff happens in our growing little family!
Love,
Kimberly
No comments:
Post a Comment