Hello all of the Gilson's (and Decker's, and Peterson's, and Johnson's, and Foltz's, and any I forgot), From Philadelphia!
This is my post for my assigned week. I am amidst the rigors of PA school but am saved from total breakdown by taking some time on Sunday's to do non-school stuff on the computer :)
As this is an update on me and mine (mine being three plants that have not kicked it yet) I will give you a little overview of life in PA school, PA, Philadelphia, and the world as I know it. To start I want to share one of my all time favorite places in my home city, and likely in the world:
I have also found that Valley Forge is very very worth seeing in the fall!
SO- about PA school. It is very...very...VERY hard, but, I love it. I am learning so much and am grateful for the education that I am getting. I will begin Clinical rotations in September this year. School always feels like it will never end while in the midst of it, then I find that so much time has passed and I still have so much to learn.
I am in the Relief Society Presidency in my ward right now. I made the move to a family ward so much of my work in RS is new to me. Things like Bishop Store House orders, children being arrested, getting meals to the 6 different women having babies in the next 4 months and so on. It is a lot of fun to get to hold Baby James during most of the meetings though :)
I had the opportunity to go home for Christmas break and get sick along with everyone else in the family. It was great. I also cut 10 inches off of my hair! I love it and have not had one day feeling sad about the loss of those 10 inches. Here is a picture:

I love and miss all of you! But I really love Philadelphia and the things that I am experiencing here. I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel and the strength and guidance it is in my life. I am very excited about the Philadelphia Temple that is supposed to be finished in 2013!
I love my city. I think that Philly will always hold a special place in my heart. I did not imagine that I would love this place like I do. Everyone is welcome to visit!! I enjoy being a tour guide and know a lot of the best places :)
Love you- Have a great week
Jamie Peterson
great update Jamie! Philly has a special place in our hearts too as we lived there for two years. We lived right across from the art museum and boat house row. We will have to come visit again while you and Kimberly are still there. How much longer are you going to be there? Please have a good cheese steak and water ice for us!
ReplyDeleteLove, Darin&Susie