I'm not sure how many people actually keep up with our family blog, but I was on here reading posts awhile back and made sure to set myself an alarm for our weekend since we missed it last time. So, ta-dah!!! Are you all so surprised? ;)
Our lives have just been incredibly and insanely busy over the last several months. I have literally felt like if I take a day off from doing something that the whole world will implode. Our weeks go a little something like this....Monday, Wednesday, and Friday start early with Jonathan waking up to leave the house by 6:45 for school, he comes home for about 2 hours at lunch, then is gone to work till 11:30 pm. On Tuesdays and Thursdays Ayden has to be to preschool by 9 am, comes home at noon, then Jonathan is off to work from 2-11:30. Weekends usually entail trying to cram as many errands and chores in as possible, while still trying to do an occasional photo shoot, go to church, see friends, and visit family. It has all just kind of started blurring together. Here I am looking all gigantic at 25 weeks pregnant and it seems like I was looking at the positive pregnancy test only a month or two ago.
The boys are doing really well. They are almost inseparable at home (sometimes to Ayden's dislike and at Oliver's persistence), and generally they play well together and are total bff's. They are boys though...and with that being said I'm sure most of you can imagine the mischievous happenings around the house. Just a few weeks ago our furnace was having issues so we called a technician expecting to hear the worst...and after running several tests and checking the ventilation piping he comes inside the house with a sprinkler head that one of them had wedged inside of a pipe, blocking the exhaust for the furnace. Yep, that sounds about right! Ayden is doing well in school and comes home singing all kinds of fun songs, and with all kinds of art work. Just knowing where he was last year as far as his refusal to participate in group activities, or to sing in class, or to get anything messy on his hands, it has been remarkable to see the developments that have occurred within him in that time. A really big milestone we are just hitting this weekend with Ayden is a monster we have been facing with him for a long time.....potty training. We have tried before in the past, but with little success and a lot of frustration. We have only been doing it this time around for the last two days, and today he was completely accident free and is trying to communicate to us when he needs to go. This is HUGE for him. We still have a few little hiccups to work through due to some of his sensory issues, but we couldn't be more happy or more grateful to have finally gotten to a point where he is ready for us to help him overcome this challenge. What can I say about Oliver other than he is just.....a two year old. :) Don't get me wrong, we love him to pieces, but goodness does that child know how to push people's buttons, and finds a great satisfaction in doing just that. We know he loves us and his brother, but sometimes he has a very unique way of showing it! He can be such a little joy to have around though and his cheesy little grin and high pitched giggles can bring a smile to my face any time and any place. Our home just wouldn't be the same without him!
As for Jonathan and I, we are just trying to stay focused on our long lists of to-do's. His mainly consist of school work, yard work, and bringing home the bacon, while mine are crammed with planning for the holidays, buying Christmas gifts, and a million projects I hope to complete before or shortly after the arrival of our little girl in February. We are just taking things one day at a time, and trying not to get lost in the craziness of it all. On the positive side of things though this next few months will bring so many wonderful things, all of which we are so excited for! In less than 4 days my little brother arrives home from his mission in Georgia...and I can't wait to see him and hug him and reintroduce him to my boys. I'm sure they will love him in no time at all....because they still have a lot in common. :) The week after that is Thanksgiving, and although this year Jonathan and I will be spending it apart, I am thankful that we will be able to visit with family in Idaho and that my boys will be able to see their great-great-grandma another time. December brings so many wonderful things and is my favorite time of year. Music, lights, Temple Square, hot cocoa, Jonathan's break from school...I love it all. January will be a blur of preparations and baby showers and more school, and then before we know it February will be here and we will be awaiting the arrival of baby girl! So many blessings in such a short time, I feel so very very thankful to our Father-In-Heaven. We love you all and miss you with all of our hearts! We will try our best not to be strangers, but please know that if we don't make it over to family gatherings too often that it isn't due to the lack of desire! We hope you are all doing well and that this winter finds you in the happiest and most hopeful spirits. May the love of our Savior be your companion this winter and know that we are thinking of you all!
Lots of love!
Jonathan, Desiree, Ayden, & Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment